Cassini’s map, established in 1756, already mentions in Saint-Sulpice-de-Faleyrens a property named Bertinat at the exact location of the current estate mansion. Mid-nineteenth century, following an inheritance, the mansion was separated from its vineyard. The vineyard itself was subsequently broken up.
From 1960, the vineyard is gradually taken over and restructured by Christian Lafaye and takes the name of the mission cross erected in 1872 in front of the property and known as the Croix de Bertinat.
In 2012, we acquired the vineyard and the former mansion, thus restoring the Bertinat estate as it existed a century and a half ago.
After an international career of thirty years in the industry, we have decided, at an age when others think of retiring, to take up a new challenge and live fully our passion for wines by acquiring an estate. Long-time lovers of Saint-Emilion wines, we naturally turned to this appellation to fulfill our dream.
In accordance with the traditions of Saint-Emilion wineries and with all due respect for the work done by those who preceded us, we decided in 2013 to undertake a complete restructuring and modernization of the winery to allow us to reveal all the potential of this magnificent terroir.